English Speaking Activities:
Learn English Speaking
Learning to Ask and Tell Directions in English!
In this English Speaking activity, you will learn how to ask and tell the directions. You’re going to learn about the most common ways used to ask and tell the directions in English and you can do exercises following the lessons to practice using these English functions.
Learning the commom English words or phrases to ask and telling directions:
near / left / on the left / right / on the right / opposite / corner / on(round) the corner / up(down) the road / turn left(right) / go straight(ahead) on / go along the ….street / take the second left(right) turning / go over the crossroad / go past the ……. / roundabout / square / intersection / on the corner of ….. street and …… street /
- Is there a drugstore near here?
- Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the train station?
- Excuse me! How do I get to the nearest supermarket?
- Hi! I am new here! Could you pleased tell me where I can find a barber shop?
- Where is the police station? I need to report a stealing case.
Practice Asking and Telling Directions:
- A: Excuse me, is there a bank near here?
- B: Yes, there is one on the corner.
- A: Thanks a lot.
- B: No problem.
- Kim: Excuse me. I’m lost. Could you please tell how to go to New World hotel?
- Joanna: I’m not sure. I am a tourist, too.
- Kim: Thanks anyway.
- Joanna: Oh, there is a police officer over there, you can ask him .
- Kim: Well, I think so. Thank you very much.