English Speaking Activities:
Learn English Speaking
Learning to tell people what you like and dislike in English!
In this Free English lesson, you will learn how to express what you like to do and what you don’t like to do. You’re going to learn about the most common ways used to talk about likes and dislikes in English. Practice speaking English with free English Speaking lesson!
Learning to say Likes and Dislikes in English:
Learning the commom English words/verbs to express or describe your likes and dislikes:
Likes: like / love / enjoy / prefer … to …. / be fond of / be interested in / be keen on / favourite /….
Dislikes: dislike / hate / disgust / …..
Common questions: What kind of ….. do you like? What’s your opinion of …….? What do you think of……. ? Do you like ……?
Common responses: I like it. / I love that. / I hate it. / I really love(hate) it. / It’s much better(worse) than…./ It’s one of the best(worst)…..I’ve ever seen. /
Practice describing likes and dislikes:
- Bob: Well, What sports do you like, Mary?
- Mary: I love badminton. I always play badminton in my free time. And you?
- Bob: I enjoy watching football on TV. But I don’t like playing it.
- Kim: What does Pete like? Does he like beef?
- Joanna: I’m not sure. I heard he really loves seafood. But I don’t know if he likes beef.
- Kim: You know I’m going to cook a meal for him when his parents are away.
- Joanna: Why don’t you ask him directly? I think it is better.
- Kim: Well, I think so. Thanks.